The Dutton Adult Day Health Center
The Dutton Center is the newest of The Community Family’s four centers, having been procured in March 2019. However, the Center has been around since 1978, including the past 21 years at its current location. It is well-established and highly respected in the region. Named after a former long-time physician in Wakefield, the spacious center is located on the site of a former grocery store. Inside its doors, an experienced, compassionate staff provides a high level of supervision and care coordination to those with ongoing physical and/or psychological health concerns.
Services at The Community Family – Dutton Center include:
- Proven program with consistent, trusted staff. Program Director Susan Morton, R.N. has led the Dutton center for 7 years and directed the nursing program for 18 years.
- Skilled nursing care provided on-site including medication administration, treatments, diabetic care, medical monitoring and coordinated care with health providers.
- Roomy, home-like center in a safe and secure building with a large kitchen and separate activity areas.
- Fun-filled days in a lively atmosphere with music, exercise, arts and crafts, entertainment, celebrations and more.
- Activities that emphasize cognitive skills, physical dexterity, socialization, and expressive creativity to ensure the highest level of independence and functioning for clients.
- Nutritional Services - continental breakfast, hot noon-time meal, and afternoon snack daily, all meeting USDA adult nutritional guidelines.
- Personal Care Services – assistance with personal matters, including hygiene.
- Monthly Caregiver Support Group – meet and converse with others in similar situations.
- Transportation to and from the center in vans – contracted with local transportation companies.
- Social Work Services - works daily with clients, provides caregiver support, assistance in locating community resources and help with long-term planning.
The Dutton Center is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Caregiver Support group is held on the third Wednesday of each month from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Please register 24 hours in advance by calling 781-246-2820 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.