Medford Adult Day Health Center
The Medford center is the first adult day health program in Massachusetts to specialize in care for those with memory loss. It is housed in a renovated, historic train station. The beautifully remodeled building includes a large, attractive outdoor area with a memory garden and shaded patio. The pleasant, home-like center provides care to 35-40 individuals a day who range from early stages of memory loss to later-stage Alzheimer’s. A staff to client ratio of 1:4 ensures a high level of supervision and assistance. All staff receive training in memory loss disorders and our experienced nurses coordinate care with participants’ primary health providers.
The Medford center emphasizes failure-free activities, sensory experiences and other activities that accentuate abilities and enhance self-esteem. A safe and supportive environment allows participants to maintain full and dignified lives. Our dedicated staff understands what you are going through. We know that caring for someone with memory loss is a loving and challenging commitment. We are here to help and support you on your journey.
Services at the Medford center include:
• Nursing Care: assessments, education, medication management, care coordination, treatments, etc.;
• Therapeutic Activities: designed for those along the continuum of memory loss including exercise, crafts, music therapy, art therapy, celebrations, discussion groups, an interactive computer system with mind-stimulating activities especially engaging to those with dementia - and more. All activities are structured to enhance self-worth and decrease frustration;
• Nutrition: continental breakfast, hot noon meal and afternoon snack. Special meals are regularly scheduled;
• Special Celebrations throughout the year;
• Hairdressing and Manicures on-site;
• Podiatrist visits;
• Rehabilitation Services can be provided on-site;
• Social Work Services to support and educate those caring for a loved one with memory loss;
• Socialization and Friendships to diminish the depression and isolation that those with memory loss often experience;
• Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group and Educational Forums.
The Medford center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.