The Lowell Center
The Community Family’s beautiful, modern Lowell center incorporates many state-of-the-art features designed to meet the needs of adults facing daily challenges with their health and socialization. The pleasant, home-like center provides care to 30+ individuals a day in need of health monitoring and guidance, including those with memory loss.
“Club members” at the Lowell center enjoy fulfilling days with friends. The dedicated staff emphasizes failure-free activities, sensory experiences, and other activities that accentuate abilities and enhance self-esteem. A safe and supportive environment allows participants to maintain full and dignified lives. A staff to client ratio of 1:4 ensures a high level of supervision and assistance and our experienced nurses coordinate care with participants’ primary health providers.
For nearly 30 years, TCF’s Lowell center has been providing critical services to families caring for a loved one at home. Our current center, built in 2005 on designated historic lands, is located within steps of the Lowell Senior Center. TCF entered into a partnership with D’Youville Life & Wellness Community of Lowell in 2017 by consolidating their adult day health center program with ours. In return, all of TCF’s clients have access to D’Youville’s broader range of services through a preferred partner relationship between the two non-profit organizations.
Services at the Lowell center include:
• Nursing Care: assessments, education, medication management, care coordination, treatments, etc.;
• Therapeutic Activities: designed for those along the continuum of memory loss including exercise, crafts, music, art, culinary class, celebrations, discussion groups, an interactive computer system with mind-stimulating activities and more. All activities are structured to enhance self-worth and decrease frustration;
• Nutrition: continental breakfast, hot noon meal and afternoon snack. Special meals are regularly scheduled;
• Hairdressing in our stylish hair salon;
• Podiatrist visits;
• Rehabilitation Services can be provided on-site;
• Social Work Services to support and educate those caring for a loved one with memory loss;
• Socialization and Friendships to diminish the depression and isolation that those with memory loss often experience;
• Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group and Educational Forum
The Lowell center is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Lowell center also hosts a Caregiver Support Group on the third Thursday of each month from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Our new partner, D’Youville Life and Wellness, is a comprehensive healthcare organization that has been part of the fabric of the Lowell community for 58 years. Its services include nursing home care, rehabilitation, independent living, hospice care and Alzheimer’s special care. For more information on D’Youville, visit www.dyouville.org.