The Lowell Center
Our beautiful, modern Lowell center is located within steps of the Lowell Senior Center. The center was designed specifically to meet the needs of those with memory loss and incorporates many state-of-the-art features. This pleasant, home-like center provides care to 30+ individuals a day who range from early stages of memory loss to later stage Alzheimer’s. A staff to client ratio of 1:4 ensures a high level of supervision and assistance. All staff receive training in memory loss disorders and our experienced nurses coordinate care with participants’ primary health providers.
The Lowell center emphasizes failure-free activities, sensory experiences, and other activities that accentuate abilities and enhance self-esteem. A safe and supportive environment allows participants to maintain full and dignified lives. Our dedicated staff understands what you are going through. We know that caring for someone with memory loss is a loving and challenging commitment. We are here to help and support you on your journey.
For more than 25 years, TCF’s Lowell center has been the only Alzheimer’s specialty adult day health center in the Merrimack Valley, providing critical services to families caring for a loved one with memory loss.
Services at the Lowell center include:
• Nursing Care: assessments, education, medication management, care coordination, treatments, etc.;
• Therapeutic Activities: designed for those along the continuum of memory loss including exercise, crafts, music, art, interactive computer system, celebrations, discussion groups and more. All activities are structured to enhance self-worth and decrease frustration;
• Nutrition: continental breakfast, hot noon meal and afternoon snack. Special meals regularly scheduled
• Hairdressing in our stylish hair salon
• Podiatrist visits
• Rehabilitation Services can be provided on-site
• Social Work Services to support and educate those caring for a loved one with memory loss
• Socialization and Friendships to diminish the depression and isolation that those with memory loss often experience
• Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group and Educational Forum
TCF’s Lowell center and the Element Care Option
The Lowell center is an alternative care site for Element Care’s Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). Participants enrolled in the PACE program can see their physician in the center’s exam room. We can help you make a connection to the PACE program.
The Lowell center is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays. The Lowell center also hosts a Caregiver Support Group on the third Thursday of each month from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.