Giving to The Community Family
The Community Family (TCF) is a non-profit organization that relies on outside funding to support our top-notch care and excellent services. It is critical we seek sources of revenue outside of our regular fees in order to maintain state-of-the-art facilities and provide the highest quality care and amenities for our participants.
The Community Family has built a solid, stable foundation over 40 years by being fiscally prudent while continuing to provide exceptional care. We don’t want our centers to just survive or maintain the status quo. We are always looking for the next innovative program that will distinguish TCF from others in our industry.
We are grateful for our very loyal group of current donors and always welcome additional support from any person, business or institution that believes in our mission and the good we are providing for the individuals, families and communities that we serve.
Unless otherwise directed, all general donations will be directed to The Community Family Annual Fund, a yearly program that seeks unrestricted, financial commitments to help supplement our fee-for-service income and enable TCF to more effectively meet its operating expenses. Annual Fund dollars are used to maintain, expand and enrich the programs and services provided to clients and their families throughout the year.
To make an immediate, secure, on-line donation, click on the "Make A Donation to TCF Today" button above. All gifts made this way are processed through Network for Good, a fundraising platform for non-profit organizations. Donations made this way can be made by credit card or through a Paypal account.
Other forms of giving to The Community Family include the following:
- Gifts of Securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.): Receive a charitable tax deduction for the full market value of the securities and avoid capital gains tax.
- Planned Gifts: May include a range of life income gifts, including charitable remainder trusts, gift annuities and pooled income funds. Leave a lasting legacy while creating tax advantages.
- Bequests: Relatively easy to establish, often with a simple addition to a will or revocable trust, and they can be changed during the donor’s lifetime.
- Matching Gifts: Request a matching gift form from your employer and send it completed and signed with your gift. Some companies even match gifts made by retirees.
- Gifts-In-Kind: Non-monetary items of personal, tangible property. We welcome many types of gifts-in-kind and are most grateful when donors think of us with this form of philanthropy.
- Tribute Gifts: Designate a gift in honor or memory of a loved one, in celebration of a milestone event or to recognize the care that a family member received at The Community Family.
- TCF as Beneficiary: At the time of death of a loved one for whom we have cared for, please keep us in mind when choosing a beneficiary for donations in lieu of flowers or personal gifts. It is a special way of paying tribute to them while at the same time making sure we can continue our programs and service into the future.
We welcome and appreciate gifts of all sizes through these varieties of gift vehicles to support the programs and the centers of your choice. Please notify us of your intention to make such a transaction. Should you have any questions about the different ways of giving or if you would like assistance with planning your contribution, please contact the Administrative Office at 617-381-6248. All donations, even those sent directly to our centers, are directed to and processed through the Administrative Office.